The Merger Brief
In December 2008 College Leadership Services won the tender to undertake the HR aspects of the merger between South East Essex College and Thurrock and Basildon College.
• New structures with new, more competitive and efficient terms and conditions for all staff were implemented on time and within budget.
• Available teaching hours increased by 9%
• Established consultation committee involving excellent relationships with the trade unions
• Implemented entirely new management structure
• No attendance at industrial tribunal
• No compulsory redundancies
Following successful completion of the merger brief, College Leadership Services
were retained to: -
• Work with the HR team to improve awareness of service delivery requirements
• Undertake HR casework
• Provide an interim Head of HR, who has guided significant improvements in the service and re-established trust from users
• Provided CRB service to cover a backlog of applications following merger
• Planned and implemented a post funding cuts strategy to deliver three million pounds worth of staff savings. Again there were no compulsory redundancies and no tribunals.
Into the Future
Working with the college, College Leadership Services are:
• Devising new HR policies and procedures
• Implementing the successful EIF bid we wrote to secure funding for the delivery of shared services. This has now moved to stage two and is already delivering savings.
• Providing marketing consultancy
• Entrusted to appoint the new Principal & Chief Executive
College Leadership Services have been a critical friend and one stop service provider to the college for all things HR and beyond for almost three years. The College now uses Protocol National’s Visiting Lecturer service for the first time.
“I appreciate and value the skill and expertise Protocol National brings to the organisation not only at a strategic level but when required at an operational level.”
Anthony McGarel Executive Director, Finance and Corporate Services
“The support and guidance Protocol National has provided in managing change and generally contributing to strategic developments has been much appreciated.
Their consultants can draw on a wide range of experience not usually available within organisations and that has proven to be invaluable to the Senior Team.”
John Hayles Acting Principal
For further information contact Becky Beaty
Available teaching hours increased by 9%
A strategy to deliver three million pounds worth of staff savings
No Compulsory Redundancies